Microsoft have announced that they are ceasing updates and support for Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 & Exchange Server 2010 on January 14th 2020. This will mean that they will no longer receive security updates or support from this date. Microsoft advises all users and businesses to upgrade to a newer operating system before this date to avoid potential support and security issues. Please check if your server is one of the operating systems listed above and if so we strongly recommend you look to upgrade your operating system.
Microsoft Windows Server
- Windows Server 2008 – January 14, 2020
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – January 14, 2020
- Windows Server 2012 – October 10, 2023
- Windows Server 2012 R2 – January 10, 2023
- Windows Server 2016 – January 11, 2027
Microsoft Exchange Server
- Exchange Server 2010 – January 14, 2020
- Exchange Server 2016 – October 14, 2025
For additional lifecyle dates for Microsoft products, search Microsoft Lifecycle Policy.
Since Extended Support for Windows Server 2008/R2 and Exchange Server 2010 will end on the same day for everyone, businesses and users worldwide will be transitioning simultaneously.
Contact us to discuss updating your software and hardware to avoid placing your business, users and customers at risk. Connect with us here.